Full-time Transitional (Interim) Pastor
Location: 1313 New York Avenue NW Washington DC 20005
The New York Avenue Presbyterian Church seeks to call a full time Transitional (Interim) Pastor. NYAPC is an inclusive community of faith in the heart of Washington DC, furthering God’s transforming work, challenging the powerful, standing with the oppressed, lifting up the broken-hearted, and making God’s love and justice visible by welcoming and loving all.
With the retirement of a long tenured Senior Pastor, we are seeking a Transitional Pastor who will:
- Provide frequent and consistently inspired sermons and worship-filled experiences that would seek to connect our faith to the public sphere, would seek to bring us deeper in our faith, and would inspire us to have deeper relationships with one another.
- Lead the church in transformational practices including some of the traditional work of the Interim Pastor engaging the congregation in a time of purposeful discernment, visioning, and strategic planning.
- Examine deeply the organizational, administrative, and financial life of the congregation so that we might be able to improve communication on all levels, to engage and redevelop our structures including committees, schedules, and staffing models, and to encourage and inspire a connection between one’s spiritual and financial life.
- Ministry Information form here.
- Click the following link to view or download the Interim Pastor Job Description
- NYAPC website www.nyapc.org and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/nyapcdc/
To apply, please send PIF and cover letter to email@example.com. We will be reviewing PIFs starting in June. We hope that the Transitional Pastor will begin the call with us in August.