Please check back here for any updates. Thank you.
Update 1/12/17 3:50 p.m.:
Please note that we have updated the Overnight guest packet. Please download and review the new version below.
The New York Avenue Presbyterian Church is excited to announce that we will host groups for the Women’s March on Friday, January 20 and Saturday, January 21!
Welcome to the Women’s March on Washington page! We have prepared an information packet for those who are interested in sheltering at the church the night of January 20th and 21st. In the pack you will find more details about what to expect that weekend and registration forms, required for sheltering. Please read the packet in full.
Here is the most important information
- We will be open for overnight guests for those participating in the Women’s March on Washington on January 20 starting at 8:00 am. The church will remain open for Women’s March visitors through Sunday January 22 at 2 pm.
- We will close the doors on January 20 and 21 at 11 pm. We expect that all overnight guests will be in the building by 11 pm.
- We are honored to host overnight guests for the Women’s March on Washington. However, we do not normally host overnight guests. Lodgings are very basic. (Sleeping on the floor; no showers.) The New York Avenue Presbyterian Church hosts will be entirely led by a volunteer effort. We will NOT have security personnel. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.
- This document contains information on timing (p.2), required registration fees/ suggested contributions (p.3), how to register (p.4), registration rules and security (p.4-5), lodging space including food, packing tips, and wifi (p.5-6), transportation (p.8), registration forms (pgs.8-10), and a wavier form with introduction (pgs.11-14). Please carefully read the entire document.
- For all of our overnight guests, we require advance registration and a registration fee.
- All our overnight guests must be over 18 years old.
- No weapons whatsoever.
- No alcohol/ drugs/ smoking or animals whatsoever. If you have a service dog, please let us know when you register. We will need a copy of your service animal’s license.
- During the registration process, the church reserves the right to deny admissions and reservations to any group or person within the group.
Please note that to confirm that you have a place to stay with us, we require you to fill out all of the forms in the packet and pay a non-refundable registration fee. Please read this information in the packet very carefully.
If you do not plan on spending the night, but will be visiting NYAPC during hospitality hours, the packet still contains important information for you to note before you arrive. You will not be required to register your group, but may be asked to fill out a space reservation form. If you are coming with a large group for warming and hospitality and don’t require overnight accommodations, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
If you have any questions other questions about the weekend, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click the links below to download the NYAPC Women’s March Information Packet for Overnight Guests:
PDF – NYAPC Women’s March Document for Overnight Guests (New Version)
DOC – NYAPC Women’s March Document for Overnight Guests (New Version)
If your group has received registration confirmation, an emailed response confirming reservation for the requested sheltering nights, please refer to the links below:
Click on the links below for Online Giving