COVID Task Force Report #5
May 26, 2022
At their regularly scheduled monthly meeting on Monday, May 23rd, 2022 the Session made the following updates regarding the church’s masking and COVID-19 policies:
Using the Current COVID Community Levels established and monitored by DC Health,
- Masks are required indoors when the community level is identified as medium or high
- Masks are optional indoors when the community level is low.
In accordance with prior protocols, when COVID Community Levels require masking:
- Food and drink may be served at events inside the building where no children under five are present, and masks may be removed while actively eating and drinking.
- Choir members remain masked except for soloists with more extended parts who have tested prior to performing.
- Coffee fellowship and fellowship events following worship services must be held outdoors.
A link to the current COVID Community Level can be found here, in the Weekly Newsletter, and on the Website each week. The current COVID community level is medium and masks remain required.
If you prefer to avoid checking the level each week, please plan to come to the church assuming masks are required and if they are not required there will be a sign in the narthex and at the New York Avenue entry saying masks are optional.
While many people wait anxiously for the moment when masks are optional inside New York Avenue, for others it may come with a deep sense of apprehension. We are and will continue to be fully supportive of anyone who still chooses to wear a face mask or keep their distance when masking is optional. A person who chooses to continue masking may have an underlying health condition or be caring for a vulnerable relative. Whatever decision each person makes, and whenever they choose to make it, is entirely their own and will be honored and respected.
As always, please continue to provide feedback, ask COVID related questions, or share COVID related concerns at email@example.com.