COVID Task Force Report #2 #2
February 4, 2022
The NYAPC Covid Task Force met for the second time on Monday evening to review the church’s current Covid policies based on the latest available epidemiological data CDC and DC health recommendations.
At present, the Task Force recommends continuing:
- Current policies and requirements for masking and social distancing for in-person worship and indoors while on campus.
- Encourage all those attending worship services and teaching in-person to have received both doses of the vaccine and a booster. And ask anyone to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Adult Sunday school, children’s Sunday school and nursery care may continue as long as fully vaccinated adults and caregivers are willing to teach and provide care.
The Task recommends the following updates to our current policies:
- Beginning February 3, resume in-person choir rehearsals, with the choir returning to worship Sunday, February 6.
- Recommend passing the offering plates as a part of worship beginning March 6th.
- Beginning February 15, staff will return to a schedule of every other week in-person staff meetings on Tuesdays at 10 am.
- Staff will begin to discern a plan for more regularly returning to the building while working in a hybrid model.
- Beginning February 1, resume non-recurring building and space rentals from outside groups on a case-by-case basis.
Please reach out to the Task Force with any church-related questions or concerns at: email@example.com. The group will meet again on February 28.