At NYAPC, we seek to know one another and to grow and learn spiritually, so that we can be a nurturing community able to witness to our faith in word and action.
In addition to our Children and Youth programs, we learn and nurture one another as adults and across generations. Each year, programming for adults ranges from classroom-style learning about topics of faith and justice to discussion-based gatherings, from fellowship opportunities like coffee hour, picnics and dinners to intergenerational gatherings and retreats. See Upcoming Events for current offerings.
Our calendar year includes:
- Sundays at 9 am: Spiritual growth opportunities for adults; Sunday School for Children and Youth
- Sundays at 11 am: Coffee hour and occasional congregational gatherings after worship for sharing and learning.
- Periodic mid-week online discussions and classes for adults.
- Retreats – including day-only retreats for reflection and discussion and the All-Church Retreat annually on a weekend in October.
- First Sunday FaithTalk – “come as you are” facilitated discussions about a variety of topics related to faith and personal experience.
- Thursday Community Book Group – A “join anytime” group that meets every other Thursday morning at 10 am. Watch Upcoming Events and our Weekly email for announcements about the current readings.
- Young Adult Activities – email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list serve.
- Weekly Prayer Groups – Small groups that meet for about 30 minutes on Sundays at 9:15 am and on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 am to share concerns, read scripture, poetry and prose, and to pray together. See Upcoming Events page for details.
Other small groups form now and then, based on neighborhoods and/or common interests. Email Pastor Rachel at Rachel.Pacheco@nyapc.org to explore other possible connections and opportunities.