Expressing God’s Love, Engaging in God’s Justice
Following Christ into places of brokenness and joy, NYAPC will do justice, treat all with kindness and mercy, and walk humbly with God.
NYAPC is an inclusive community of faith in the heart of Washington DC, engaging in God’s transforming work, challenging the powerful, standing with the oppressed, lifting up the broken-hearted, and making God’s love and justice visible by welcoming and loving all.
- Foundational Worship: We gather to praise God, just as we are, amidst the brokenness of the world, seeking to be transformed by the Word and inspired by the Spirit to bear God’s love and justice.
- Radical Hospitality: We offer God’s inclusive welcome, inspired by Jesus’ ministry and empowered by God’s Spirit to provide all a safe place and a spiritual home.
- Nurturing Community: We care for one another as God cares for us; learning and growing in our faith; nurturing deep, lasting friendships; feeding each other’s spirits; and reaching out to neighbors near and far.
- Prophetic Witness: We seek to be faithful to the justice-seeking God by witnessing against all that deforms God’s good creation, so that we might be where God is, at work bringing new life.
- Joyful Stewardship: We nourish and share our gifts from God’s abundance so that we may move boldly forward in our common journey of faith.