March Day – January 21:
- Want to head to the march together? We will gather in the lobby of The New York Avenue Presbyterian Church at 8:00 am to head over to the march. We are estimating longer than it will probably take. Our plan is to leave before 8:30 am.
- We invite you to march-day hospitality: Members of the church will stay at the church to serve as hosts for those seeking to warm up, use the bathrooms, charge a cell phone (limited plugs), or join in conversation. We will have hot beverages and snacks available for our daytime and overnight guests. Our sanctuary will be open for prayer and meditation. All guests from any background or belief are most welcome inside the building!
- As of January 18 at 1 pm, we still have room for more overnight guests.
- To stay with us, you MUST register prior to January 20.
- To be fully registered, you must have received confirmation from Alice at email@example.com. Please send in registration forms, photo ID, and signed copy of wavier for each person in your group.
- We ARE taking individual guests. For individual guests, we ask that you be a friend of a member or active visitor, that your are affiliated with the PCUSA or WIN or other organization that the church is part of, or that you give us your social media profile (link to Facebook etc.) so we can see who you are. This rule is because we will not have security personnel.
- If you need a scholarship for your registration fee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will lock the doors each night at 11 pm.
PDF – NYAPC Women’s March Document for Overnight Guests (New Version)
DOC – NYAPC Women’s March Document for Overnight Guests (New Version)
- We will be open for overnight guests for those participating in the Women’s March on Washington on January 20 starting at 8:00 am. The church will remain open for Women’s March visitors through Sunday January 22 at 2 pm.
- We will close the doors on January 20 and 21 at 11 pm. We expect that all overnight guests will be in the building by 11 pm.
- We are honored to host overnight guests for the Women’s March on Washington. However, we do not normally host overnight guests. Lodgings are very basic. (Sleeping on the floor; no showers.)The New York Avenue Presbyterian Church hosts will be entirely led by a volunteer effort. We will NOT have security personnel. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.
- This document contains information on timing (p.2), required registration fees/ suggested contributions (p.3), how to register (p.4), registration rules and security (p.4-5), lodging space including food, packing tips, and wifi (p.5-6), transportation (p.8), registration forms (pgs.8-10), and a wavier form with introduction (pgs.11-14). Please carefully read the entire document.
- For all of our overnight guests, we require advance registration and a registration fee.
- All our overnight guests must be over 18 years old.
- No weapons whatsoever.
- No alcohol/ drugs/ smoking or animals whatsoever. If you have a service dog, please let us know when you register. We will need a copy of your service animal’s license.
- During the registration process, the church reserves the right to deny admissions and reservations to any group or person within the group.
Please note that to confirm that you have a place to stay with us, we require you to fill out all of the forms in the packet and pay a non-refundable registration fee. Please read this information in the packet very carefully.
If you do not plan on spending the night, but will be visiting NYAPC during hospitality hours, the packet still contains important information for you to note before you arrive. You will not be required to register your group, but may be asked to fill out a space reservation form. If you are coming with a large group for warming and hospitality and don’t require overnight accommodations, please send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions other questions about the weekend, please send an email to email@example.com.
If your group has received registration confirmation, an emailed response confirming reservation for the requested sheltering nights, please refer to the links below:
Click on the links below for Online Giving