SUPERVISOR: Building Superintendent
HOURS OF DUTY: Work up to 30 hours a week, including, Wednesday and Thursday from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. and, some Saturday and Sunday mornings according to a rotating schedule created by the supervisor and Church Administrator. More hours may be required. Basic hours include a one-half hour break for lunch or two 15-minute breaks per shift, depending on hours of work.
Maintains the cleanliness of the church building and grounds, routine maintenance and sets up rooms for meetings for regular and special activities. Clears all waste and secures the building
A. Cleaning all areas of building, including entrance, sanctuary, lobby, hallways, main gathering/event rooms, classrooms, offices, library, restrooms, elevator pits, mechanical rooms, and electrical rooms.
B. Vacuum, shampoo, and spot clean carpets and furniture; sweep, mop, and occasionally strip and wax tiled or linoleum floors.
C. Proper use of cleaning chemicals and disinfectants.
D. Remove trash in all public spaces and offices.
E. Set up and clean up for meetings and special activities.
F. Supervision of events and activities and outside tenants of the church.
G. Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas surrounding the church.
H. Changing lightbulbs, maintaining fixtures and furniture.
I. Performing a floor-by-floor walk-through of the building to ensure all spaces are locked and secured properly when closing the building.
J. Follows Custodial Cleaning Requirements Checklist.
K. Report all instances of broken, malfunctioning or dirty equipment and all other items used to perform tasks.
L. Other custodial and maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisor.
1. High School degree or equivalent, such as a GED
2. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
3. Preferred to have two or more years of custodial/janitorial experience in a commercial and/or business setting.
4. Must have working abilities to safely dispose of cleaning materials, as well as identifying stains and using proper chemicals to remove them.
5. Must be able to perform physical labor and operate manual and power equipment.
6. Must desire to maintain strong, cooperative working relationships, and be able to effectively work in and around the public.
7. Applicants must have the ability to stand, stoop, bend, and stretch for long periods of time and to manually lift and carry objects weighing at least 40 pounds, without assistance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
8. Must operate power assisted tools, and power driven custodial equipment, and must have the ability to work at heights from ladders and walkways.
9. Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and able to follow church policy & procedures.
10. Must remain flexible with the ability to work different shift overtime and/or contract time.
11. Able to work independently and prioritize work appropriately.
12. Have good time management abilities to complete job duties.
13. Can successfully pass NYA child Protection Policy and background check.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD AND TRAINING
• In consideration of the responsibilities and qualifications listed above their will be training for a period of 90 days, working under the supervision of the Building Superintendent.
• During that 90-day period, the hire will be considered a temporary part-time custodian pending successful completion of probationary period and the monthly performance appraisals.
• Working conditions may include working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
• Working around dust or flying debris.
• Working around students.
If you wish to apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We currently have a Nursery Assistant Position Available. The position will start in early June. Please read the following for more information. If you wish to apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Summary: Nursery Assistant
Supervisor: Associate Pastor in collaboration with the Christian Learning Cluster
Hours of Duty:
- Every Sunday. September-June 8:15 am-1:00 pm; June-August 8:45 am-12:00 pm
- The employee is allowed to work extra hours for special church events, as recognized and requested by the Associate Pastor Office.
- To care for the youngest children in our church, 0 to 4 yrs old
- Provide a safe, hospitable and nurturing environment for the youngest children in our church
- Attend to the particular needs of the children, as directed by the parents/guardians
- Maintain sign in/ sign out schedule
- Notify their supervisor of any particular personal needs that may arise for the children in their care
- Notify their supervisor of any particular supply needs
- Maintain up to date First Aid and Infant CPR certification
- Keep up to date with church’s Child Protection Policies and Emergency Plans
Christian Learning Committee, A specified church member, when identified, Associate pastor
Evaluation: Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Associate Pastor. The session Personnel Committee will annually review the adequacy of compensation.
Salary: $15-17/hour dependent on experience
To apply for this position, please send up to a one page cover letter with your qualifications and experience along with a resume to Associate Pastor Alice Tewell at email@example.com.
NYAPC is an equal opportunity employer.