Currently, there are two positions available. If you wish to apply to either position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking a Part-time Front Desk Receptionist
Hours of Duty: Part-time hours will vary, according to the church schedule. Current Hours Available
- From Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Tuesday: 5 p.m. -9 p.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday (Every other Sunday): 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday (Every other Saturday): 8 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- From Labor Day to Memorial Day
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 5 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Friday and Sunday (Every other Sunday) 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday (Every other Saturday): 8 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Answering the telephone and direct calls to the proper party or channel messages as appropriate. Answers questions, in person and by phone; responds to inquiries from staff, tenants, members, rental guests and visitors and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person.
- Welcome all visitors, tourist, meeting participants and offer needed directions while performing necessary security and monitoring of the building.
- Remain knowledgeable of whereabouts of clergy and staff.
- Receives donations and provide receipts of such.
- Assist office staff with tasks suitable for accomplishment at the entryway desk.
- Monitor and update bulletin boards on the first floor and maintain the brochure racks.
- Prepare outgoing mail. Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly area around the entryway, including counters, and mailroom.
- Monitor alarm and surveillance system
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
- Call police and fire department in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized person(s)
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations of building use.
- Secure the Church entrances at the end of operating hours.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be dependable and able to work independent of intensive supervision.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Communication proficiency
- Good Ethical Conduct
- Good Time Management
- Experience in the security filed helpful, but not required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb stairs (if elevator is unavailable) use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Proposed Salary: $14.49 per hour
Supervisor: Church Administrator
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent
- Receptionist: 1 year
Seeking Part-time Custodian
Supervisor: Building Superintendent
Hours of Duty: 20 hours a week, including some Saturday and Sunday mornings according to a rotating schedule to be worked out with supervisor. Basic hours include a one-half hour break for lunch or two 15-minute breaks, depending on hours of work.
Maintains the cleanliness of the church building and grounds, routine maintenance and sets up rooms for meetings for regular and special activities.
- Cleaning all areas of building, including entrance, sanctuary, lobby, hallways, main gathering/event rooms, classrooms, offices, library, restrooms, elevator pits, mechanical rooms, and electrical rooms.
- Vacuum, shampoo, and spot clean carpets and furniture; sweep and mop tiled or linoleum floors.
- Proper use of cleaning chemicals and disinfectants.
- Remove trash in all public spaces and offices.
- Set up and clean up for meetings and special activities.
- Supervision of events and activities and outside tenants of the church.
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas surrounding the church.
- Changing lightbulbs, maintaining fixtures and furniture.
- Follows Custodial Cleaning Requirements Checklist.
- Other custodial and maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- High School degree
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- Preferred to have two or more years of custodial/janitorial experience in a commercial and/or business setting.
- Must have working abilities to safely dispose of cleaning materials, as well as identifying stains and using proper chemicals to remove them.
- Must be able to perform physical labor and operate manual and power equipment.
- Must desire to maintain strong, cooperative working relationships, and be able to effectively work in and around the public.
- Applicants must have the ability to stand, stoop, bend, and stretch for long periods of time and to manually lift and carry objects weighing at least 25 pounds or more, without assistance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must operate power assisted tools, and power driven custodial equipment, and must have the ability to work at heights from ladders and walkways.
- Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and able to follow agency policy & procedures.
- Able to remain flexible.
- Able to work independently and prioritize work appropriately.
- Have good time management abilities to complete job duties.
- Can successfully pass NYA Child Protection Policy and background check.