Part-Time Custodian Wanted
Hours of Duty: 20 hours a week, including some Saturday and Sunday mornings according to a rotating schedule to be worked out with supervisor. Basic hours include a one-half hour break for lunch or two 15-minute breaks, depending on hours of work.
Maintains the cleanliness of the church building and grounds, routine maintenance and sets up rooms for meetings for regular and special activities.
A. Cleaning all areas of building, including entrance, sanctuary, lobby, hallways, main gathering/event rooms, classrooms, offices, library, restrooms, elevator pits, mechanical rooms, and electrical rooms.
B. Vacuum, shampoo, and spot clean carpets and furniture; sweep and mop tiled or linoleum floors.
C. Proper use of cleaning chemicals and disinfectants.
D. Remove trash in all public spaces and offices.
E. Set up and clean up for meetings and special activities.
F. Supervision of events and activities and outside tenants of the church.
G. Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas surrounding the church.
H. Changing lightbulbs, maintaining fixtures and furniture.
I. Follows Custodial Cleaning Requirements Checklist.
J. Other custodial and maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisor.
1. High School degree
2. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
3. Can successfully pass a background check and the Child Protection Policy.
4. Preferred to have two or more years of custodial/janitorial experience in a commercial and/or business setting.
5. Must have working abilities to safely dispose of cleaning materials, as well as identifying stains and using proper chemicals to remove them.
6. Must be able to perform physical labor and operate manual and power equipment.
7. Must desire to maintain strong, cooperative working relationships, and be able to effectively work in and around the public.
8. Applicants must have the ability to stand, stoop, bend, and stretch for long periods of time and to manually lift and carry objects weighing at least 25 pounds or more, without assistance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
9. Must operate power assisted tools, and power driven custodial equipment, and must have the ability to work at heights from ladders and walkways.
10. Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and able to follow agency policy & procedures.
11. Able to remain flexible.
12. Able to work independently and prioritize work appropriately.
13. Have good time management abilities to complete job duties.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.