DirectionsFor a Google map, click here.
There are many ways to come to New York Avenue Church:
- Public Transit: METRO Orange and Blue Line station MCPHERSON SQUARE (14th Street exit) and Red, Orange, and Blue Line station METRO CENTER (13th Street exit). METRO opens at 8:00 A.M. on Sundays. BUSES with stops near the church are G8, P2 , X2 , 80 , S2/4 , 42 , D1/3/6 , 30/32/34/35/36.
- Car: On Sunday mornings, members and visitors may self park in the garage at 1399 New York Avenue. This is a private garage in the office building next to the church. Parking is paid by the church from 8:00 A.M. until 1:00 P.M. Please retrieve your car by 1:00 P.M. Drive into the garage, lock your car, take your keys, and use the elevator. Press G to exit the lobby. After church, walk down the ramp. Please do not pay the attendant. For questions or comments, please call the church office at 202-393-3700.
- On Sunday mornings, street parking is available on the north side of New York Avenue between 14th and 15th Streets, on both sides of the New York Avenue median between 13th and 15th Streets and on other nearby streets. You must remove your car by 1:00 P.M. when the city begins to ticket.
- During the week, street parking is metered on New York Avenue and H Street. 14th Street spaces are available after 7:00 P.M.
- To avoid traffic on the Mall on days when there are large demonstrations or parades, we recommend Virginia residents use Key Bridge and come east on K Street, or go under the Mall off the Southwest-Southeast Freeway, follow I-395 to Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.; then go west to New York Avenue.
- Bike: You may lock your bike in one of the street-side bike racks in front of the church or to the New York Avenue side railing. There is a Capital Bikeshare location at 14th Street on the west side of the street about a half a block from the church.